Story: Introduction Shopfloormanagement: on-location-leadership
Robert Bosch GmbH, Verpackungstechnik
Supporting a new Meistergeneration in change of management, further development of shopfloor mangement
Guiding the process now for 3 years: beginning with support during a mentoring process between old and new masters, clarifying the roles Team leader and Meister, introducing a Meisterwerkstatt that takes place several times a year on topics like:
- leadership of the next Team Leader level at the location
- leadership by means of clear agreements on task packages at the location
- regular shopfloor tours to control actual and demanded outcome
- transparency of tolerances and means to achieve the target outcome
- agreeing on the year's goals and briefing the employees on the team learder's appointed targets
Guidance and feedback also at the location in order to realize the concepts sustainably and effectively.
From the interim guidance old/new Meister, arose a productive guidance of the leadership circle. Topics like leading at the location, self organisation, communicating with the team and with the outside could continually be developed. In the supported mentoring process, the Meister developed their own tour concept as shopfloor management with the aim to lead at the location by showing presence at the location. Important topics are : structuring and bundling communication and information; empowering and demanding the team leaders to solve the daily operative tasks independently and realise proactively.